ASAP 2020 - 3Flex, Physisorption / Chemisorption Operator Training
This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the 3Flex Physisorption & Chemisorption for surface area, porosity analysis, and active site characterization.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to properly weigh the sample tube with and without sample, determine the sample amount required, properly load a sample into a sample tube, determine required degas time
and temperature, prepare the sample using the SmartPrep degas system, and introduce the sample to the instrument.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of physisorption and basic operation of a volumetric analysis system.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of chemisorption and the basic operation of a static analysis system.
- Be able to use the computer and operational software to perform an analysis on a reference material.
- Be able to properly configure any report format, a combination of reports, and obtain analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to make all user level repairs, adjustments and checks, and locate equipment problems using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.