This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the Saturn 5205 for particle size analysis.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the basic fundamentals of sample preparation and dispersion, including sampling,choosing an appropriate analysis liquid and surfactant, the stages of dispersion, dispersion techniques, and sample loading.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of scattering theory, including Mie theory, particle size distribution calculations, and Saturn operational theory.
- Be able to utilize all Saturn software menus and screens to efficiently obtain accurate and reproducible data.
- Know how to use the operating software to operate the Saturn and MasterTech.
- Be able to properly configure any report format, a combination of reports, and obtain analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to make all user level repairs, adjustments and checks, and locate equipment problems using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.
- Be able to verify dispersion quality, interpret and optimize the Goodness of Fit plot.