Surface Area, Porosity, & Physical Adsorption with applications in the Tristar II 3030, ASAP 2420, & ASAP 2460
This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the TriStar II 3030, ASAP 2420, & ASAP 2460 for surface area and porosity analysis. At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to identify and power up the system, including installation of the operating program.
- Be able to properly weigh the sample tube with and without sample, determine sample amount required, properly load a sample into a sample tube, determine required degas
time and temperature, prepare the sample using the appropriate degas system, and introduce the sample preparation to the instrument.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of physisorption and basic operation of a volumetric analysis system.
- Be able to use the computer and operational software to perform an analysis on a reference material.
- Be able to properly configure any report format, a combination of reports, and obtain analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to make all user level repairs, adjustments and checks, and locate equipment problems using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.