Translate this page: Spanish
ASAP 2050 XP
Xtended Pressure Sorption Analyzer
Superior Performance Under Extended Pressure
The fuel cell and its chemical energy source, hydrogen, have received much recent attention as a promising long-term solution to the world’s energy needs. Developing storage technologies involving advanced materials and the conversion of hydrogen to useful forms of energy are of critical importance. A fundamental understanding of hydrogen physisorption/chemisorption processes and adsorption/desorption kinetics is needed to optimize hydrogen uptake and release capacity rates
Knowledge of chemical reactivity and material properties, particularly with respect to exposure under different conditions (air, moisture, etc.) needs to be gathered.
Micromeritics’ ASAP 2050 Xtended Pressure Sorption Analyzer is designed to address these and many other elevated-pressure sorption needs. The instrument combines many of the capabilities of Micromeritics’ popular ASAP 2020 with additional features that allow the user to obtain data in an extended-pressure environment.
•Instrument and/or Accessory Quote •U.S.A. Sales Engineer Locator • International Contact Information
• Contract Sample Analysis • Operator Training
Standard ASAP Features
- Two independent vacuum systems allowing simultaneous automated preparation of two samples and analysis of another
- Two-station intelligent degas system for fully automated degassing with precisely controlled heating profiles
- A highly flexible and interactive reporting system that includes an extremely versatile graphic user interface allowing custom presentation of results
Additional ASAP 2050 Features
- Analysis manifold is capable of operating from vacuum to 10 atmospheres
- An optional chiller Dewar and recirculating bath allow the ASAP 2050 to be operated indefinitely - the instrument also supports the use of a standard Dewar with cryogen (typically liquid nitrogen or argon) that will provide at least 50 hours of unattended analysis without refilling the Dewar
- Straight-walled, stainless-steel sample tubes are capable of safe operation up to 150 psia
- Rapid collection of non-monotonic isotherms with standard isotherm cycling software
- Special degas heating mantles can be used to prepare samples in situ on the analysis port prior to analysis
- Temperatures at each degas port, and the rate of temperature change, can be set and monitored individually from a few degrees above ambient to 450 oC
- A user specified pressure setting protects the sample from steaming or damage during sample preparation
Click on photo for larger image:
|Front View||Right side||Sample tube|
Since the 1960's Micromeritics has been modifying standard products and accessories to accommodate special needs. We have now expanded this service to include custom-designed analyzers and accessories.
A Note About 32- and 64-Bit Windows and Micromeritics' Software
Micromeritics products are designed to operate in most Microsoft Windows environments. However, more current versions of Microsoft Windows, specifically the 64-bit version of Windows 7, lack some of the services once offered by Microsoft. Because of this, Micromeritics applications will not operate with 64-bit operating systems. Micromeritics software applications are directly compatible with 32-bit version operating systems only. In cases where a 64-bit operating system may be corporate-required or essential for running other software programs, Virtual PC software and a 32-bit operating system should be installed on the host computer (64 bit) as a guest operating system. This will allow proper installation and operation of the Micromeritics application.