Translate this page: Spanish
AutoChem 2950 HP Chemisorption Analyzer
• Instrument and/or Accessory Quote • U.S.A. Sales Engineer Locator • International Contact Information
• Contract Sample Analysis • Operator Training
Superior Performance Under Extended Pressure
Micromeritics’ AutoChem 2950 HP Chemisorption Analyzer is an automated high-pressure catalyst characterization system that is capable of preparing and analyzing samples at elevated pressures up to 1000 psia and at temperatures from -100 to 1100 °C. The instrument can perform a variety of experiments including pulse chemisorption, BET surface area, temperature-programmed reduction (TPR), desorption (TPD), oxidation (TPO), and reaction analyses.
Equipped with many of the features of Micromeritics’ AutoChem II 2920, the AutoChem HP is suitable for a variety of applications including fuel cell and hydrogen storage research.
|This microreactor, combined with a mass spectrometer, can also be used to determine product yields and catalytic activity under commercially viable conditions.
The use of a microreactor in the development process is a cost-effective alternative to pilot plants for many development projects. A microreactor is also an affordable option for small start-up companies that cannot afford to invest in a pilot plant to demonstrate their process.
- Allows preparation and analysis of sample at pressures up to 1000 psia with built-in safety checks
- Versatile analysis protocol permits complex sequencing and experimental design
- In situ experiments with virtually unlimited steps
- Records pressure as part of the experiment
- Capable of TPD, TPR, TPO, BET, and pulse chemisorption
- Three mass ﬂow controllers and an electronically controlled pressure regulator provide precise gas control
- Twelve gas inlets – four each for preparation, carrier, and loop gases
- Stainless-steel sample tubes are capable of withstanding temperatures and pressures well above the system’s limits
- An interactive reporting system that includes an extremely versatile graphic user interface allowing custom presentation of results
Bench-top Microreactor Suitable for a Variety of Applications
- HPTPR (High-pressure TPR) to emulate a commercial activation of a supported metal catalyst
- Fuel cell applications that require reforming hydrocarbon feeds to hydrogen
- Hydrogen storage applications using mixed metal hydrides that change hydrogen capacity as temperature changes – the user can vary hydrogen pressure to determine storage capacity as a function of pressure
- Simple chemical reactions where the product mix changes as a function of pressure – the AutoChem 2950 HP functions as a microreactor at typical process temperatures and pressures, allowing the user to collect reaction data at commercial conditions
Click image for larger photo:
|AutoChem Front View |
with Furnace and
|Left side panel||Stainless steel sample tube|
Link to: CUSTOM ENGINEERED PRODUCTS
Since the 1960's Micromeritics has been modifying standard products and accessories to accommodate special needs. We have now expanded this service to include custom-designed analyzers and accessories.
A Note About 32- and 64-Bit Windows and Micromeritics' Software
Micromeritics products are designed to operate in most Microsoft Windows environments. However, more current versions of Microsoft Windows, specifically the 64-bit version of Windows 7, lack some of the services once offered by Microsoft. Because of this, Micromeritics applications will not operate with 64-bit operating systems. Micromeritics software applications are directly compatible with 32-bit version operating systems only. In cases where a 64-bit operating system may be corporate-required or essential for running other software programs, Virtual PC software and a 32-bit operating system should be installed on the host computer (64 bit) as a guest operating system. This will allow proper installation and operation of the Micromeritics application.