The AutoChem HP features stainless-steel construction, fully automated flow control and pressure control, an embedded microprocessor with real-time control, and an intuitive graphical user interface for reactor control. Like the AutoChem 2920, the AutoChem 2950 HP features a temperature-controlled, stainless-steel flow path to provide a stable inert operating environment and reduce the potential for condensation in the flow path. The embedded microprocessor allows the AutoChem series to operate with real-time control; this provides enhanced stability by separating the AutoChem control from a PC or workstation
Twelve gas inlets
(4 each for preparation, carrier, and loop) provide the capability to perform sequential experiments such as TPR/TPO cycle experiments.
- Equipped with high-precision, independently calibrated mass ﬂow controllers providing extremely accurate, programmable gas control. The ability to control gas ﬂow with accuracy assures a stable baseline and accurate determination of gas volumes.
- Analysis gas may be introduced to the carrier stream by a precision automated loop. A conveniently located septum is also provided through which analysis gas can be injected by means of a calibrated syringe.
Thermal conductivity detector (TCD)
is capable of detecting minute differences in the concentration of gases ﬂowing into and out of the sample reactor. Its corrosion-resistant ﬁlaments are operated at constant temperature to prevent thermal runaway, which can destroy ﬁlaments in other systems.
- A clamshell furnace can heat the quartz sample reactor up to 1100 °C. The AutoChem 2950 HP permits any number of ramp rates and sequences to facilitate customized experiments. The included KwikCool feature permits cooling the furnace temperature rapidly down to near ambient, reducing analysis time and increasing throughput. With the CryoCooler option, analysis temperatures can be ramped over the range of -100 °C to 1100 °C.
Four internal temperature-controlled zones
can be heated independently of each other to as much as 150 °C. This prevents condensation in the flow path and allows studies to be performed with vapors.
- The extremely low volume of the internal plumbing minimizes peak spreading and significantly enhances peak resolution. Furthermore, it reduces the time lag between sample reactions and the corresponding detector response.
- A cold trap can remove certain substances before the gas flow reaches the detector. The cold trap can also be used as a delay path for BET surface area experiments.
are provided for injecting carefully measured doses of gases for analyses such as pulse chemisorption. The AutoChem HP is shipped with a 1.0-cm3 loop installed; 0.5- and 5.0-cm3 loops are also included. If sample fi les are set up so that a loop is used for introducing gas into the analyzer, the instrument automatically doses the sample as specified in the sample file.
sample tubes are capable of safe operation up to 1500 psia