Dynamic Sorption Surface Area Analyzer
- Precise and high speed surface area analysis.
- Includes both preparation and analyzer in one instrument
- Suitable for a wide variety of surface area measurements
The Flowsorb III provides single-point and multipoint BET surface area measurements with speed, accuracy, and reliability. Samples having surface areas from 0.01 m2 /g to over 1,000 m2 /g are easily accommodated.
Features and Benefits:
- Ultra-stable detector eliminates drift and the need for constant readjustment
- Cold trap conveniently located in front vs. side placement, as in other instruments. This placement reduces the chance of breakage.
- Single injection calibration requires only one control setting. Adaptable to any non-corrosive adsorbate mix.
- All controls and displays are at eye/ arm level, out of the spill zone
- Built-in sample preparation Rugged construction for day-in, dayout operation
- Rugged construction for day-in, dayout operation
|Surface Area||0.1 m² (minimum);
280 m² (maximum)
|Specific Surface Area||Approximately 0.01 m²/g (minimum)|
Accuracy & Reproducibility
|Low Specific Surfaces||Typically better than ±3% (single point method)
±2% (multipoint method) reproducibility within ±0.5%
|Moderate-to-High Specific surfaces||Typically better than ±2% (single point method)
±1.5% (multipoint method) reproducibility within ±0.5%
|Sample Holder Volume||4.8cm³; other sizes available|
|Dimensions||46.5W x 53H x 30.5D cm (18.3W x 20.9H x 12D in)|
|FlowSorb III 2305||Weight: 18 kg (40 lbs)|
|FlowSorb III 2310||Weight: 20 kg (44 lbs|
|Temperature Range||Ambient to 350 °C|
|Selection||Digitally set, 1 °C increments|
|Accuracy||Deviation less than ±10°C of set point at thermocouple|
|Temperature||15-30°C (59-90°F) operating; 0-50°C (32-122°F) storing and shipping|
|Humidity||20-80% relative (non-condensing|
|Voltage||100,115,230 VAC ±10%|
|Power||240 VA, operating (maximum)|
|Mixtures of helium with nitrogen, argon, krypton, carbon dioxide, ethane, n-butane, and other noncorrosive gases. A mixture of 30% N2 and 70% He is recommended for singlepoint analysis. Mixtures of He and approximately 5, 12, 18, and 24% N2 are suggested for multipoint BET use.|
The FlowSorb III measures surface area using the flowing gas method, which involves the continuous flow of an adsorptive and inert gas mixture over the sample at atmospheric pressure.
The FlowSorb III’s reproducibility is better than 0.5%. The FlowSorb III 2310 features a built-in Dewar elevator for completely automated analysis and rewarming fan for rapidly warming the sample tube to increase the speed of the sample analysis. Single injection calibration provides fast start-up and high sample throughput. Specially designed sample holders can be attached and removed from the instrument with one hand.
These quick connect/disconnects have a built-in isolation valve to prevent sample contamination. The FlowSorb III 2305 features a Dewar support latch system that provides one-handed convenience and safe guards against LN2 spills. Simple in design, the Flow-Sorb III requires minimal training time and leaves little chance of operator error. Automatic mode switching for adsorption and desorption is accomplished without operator attention. The low purchase price of the FlowSorb III and its accessories make this instrument one of the most inexpensive ways for a laboratory to begin measuring BET surface area.
- ISO 4652 RUBBER COMPOUNDING INGREDIENTS – CARBON BLACK – DETERMINATION OF SPECIFIC SURFACE AREA BY NITROGEN ADSORPTION METHODS – SINGLE-POINT PROCEDURES
- ISO 9277 DETERMINATION OF THE SPECIFIC SURFACE AREA OF SOLIDS BY GAS ADSORPTION – BET METHOD
- ASTM D4567 Standard Test Method for Single-Point Determination of Specific Surface Area of Catalysts and Catalyst Carriers Using Nitrogen Adsorption by Continuous Flow Method
- ASTM D5604 Standard Test Methods for Precipitated Silica-Surface Area by Single Point B.E.T. Nitrogen Adsorption